Thursday 12 July 2018

#50 - 50 days! 07/12/18

50 consecutive days of blogs! And only about a dozen people have blocked me on Facebook for posting about them everyday. That's a win in my books.

I've read that many successful people (not necessarily all rich people, but people that have achieved what they want in life), have morning routines that the stick to almost every day. I've tried to do that, and started finding some success with it once I began this blog. Every morning I get my coffee, knock out my emails, and then write a blog while I sit with my dog. I shoot to be done it before 9:30, and then I walk Molly and have some breakfast. Once I'm done eating, the day is mine to work on podcasts, my jokes, or the other projects I have on the go.

Writing a blog every morning gets me into a productive mindset. Instead of playing video games in the morning and dreading turning them off to start working, I finish the blog, and that small sense of accomplishment motivates me to keep going and get as much done as I can. It gets my brain working and thinking, and I've found it helps me focus when I sit down to work on material. I read that some people think you should make your bed every morning, because you'll see that small accomplishment and it gets you into a "let's get some shit done" mentality. I've just decided to use a blog instead of making our bed. (I stopped making the bed when Shay started telling me I "don't do it right" anyways 😒 )

The number of hits this blog gets everyday varies; sometimes I'll go on a run where it climbs daily for a week, and then suddenly it'll drop off and stay down for a few days. I really don't care too much about the numbers, it's nice to see people are reading it, but my primary goal for this thing is to use it as a way to focus. Some mornings I'm hard pressed to come up with something to talk about, but as Jerry Seinfeld says, "writer's block is a made up excuse for people that don't want to do their work". If I force myself to come up with something to blog about, I find it easier to force myself to come up with something to write jokes about, too. I'm really surprised (but happy) with the positive ramifications talking about myself online for 15 minutes every morning has.

Another day, another blog. If you like reading these, thanks for coming along. If not, well, you probably won't see this anyways.

Adam






No comments:

Post a Comment