Tuesday 29 May 2018

#6 - Dogs 05/29/18

This is our dog, Molly. She is in the top .000001% of my favourite things on this planet. (Is a living organism a thing? She's not people....I don't know? I just really like my dog)

Don't let that smile fool you, she's vicious

When I decided I wanted to try and write a daily blog, I started a list of ideas for topics in my phone that I could go to when I couldn't think of something to talk about. Molly was one of the first ideas to go onto that list, and I made it 6 days. If you're not a pet owner, maybe this post is going to seem stupid to you. But if you have a dog, cat, bird, hedgehog, snake I guess....(?) or whatever, you get it.

(Also, I don't have kids. So before you parents start throwing "you think a dog's love is special, have children" takes at me, know that I can't relate to you. And I've seen my parents reactions to me and my brother, and their reactions to their dog. They prefer the dog.)

I'm completely obsessed with Molly. When I'm away from home for more than a few hours, I can't wait to get home and see her. And she's always so damned excited to see my girlfriend and I. You dog people know what I'm talking about. There's nothing better than coming home to an excited dog. They're never mad at you for leaving, they're just happy you're home. They don't care how bad of day you had, or how much money you made that day. They just want to go for a walk with you. There's no better form of therapy on the planet than walking your dog.

I feel like dogs are made up of all the good things in the world. They're loyal, they love you, all they want to do is be around their family. I don't know if they're oblivious to all the bad stuff going on around them, or if they just ignore it, but they live life the right way. Focus on what makes you happy, and the other stuff doesn't exist.

Molly never leaves our side. You won't catch her sitting by herself, ever. She has to be on top of someone. If my girlfriend and I leave her with my folks, or a friend to watch her, she's cool with it, as long as she can sit with them instead. I have a hard time sleeping unless she's on the bed with us. She's literally laying on my arm as I type this on my couch. It's making typing a lot harder, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

And it's not just Molly. I just like dogs. I'm allergic to them, so any of them that shed really mess me up, but it's usually worth it. Going to a party or something and finding out there's a dog there is the best. I know I'm not the only one that usually prefers playing with a dog I don't know, than trying to fake a conversation with a person I don't know.

I'll be honest, this isn't the most intriguing blog I've ever posted. But I don't care. Dogs might be the single best part of this world.

Thanks for reading. I'm gonna go walk Molly.

Adam


"What did we do to deserve dogs?"
Not nearly enough.....

No comments:

Post a Comment