Thursday 2 August 2018

#71 - Summer Holidays! 08/02/18

I can't think of too many things that made me happier as a kid than the start of Summer holidays. Two months of sleeping in, video games, street hockey marathons...

Then you grow up, and you have to work all Summer. Maybe you take a week or two off, but it's not the same. I legit considered looking into becoming a teacher once, because I was so excited by the idea of Summer holidays again. One of my aspirations as a comedian is to stay crazy busy during the holidays and Spring, and then be able to take some time off in the Summer and just enjoy the nice weather. As much as I like telling jokes, there are definitely nights this time of year that I would rather spend on a patio with my friends than in a club working on a new bit.

Maybe I'm just lazy.

Anyways, our nephew is coming to visit us next week. My girlfriend and I are pretty excited. She's taking the week off work, and while I can still work on my writing and booking from home, I'm gonna skip a few open mics to hang out with them in the evenings as well. It's Summer holidays, baby! 

My nephew is a good kid, he's fun to hang out with, and he likes the same stuff I do. Well, video games anyways. A week of eating cereal, playing Nintendo, and stuff like laser tag and escape rooms sounds pretty damned good to me. It's going to be a week of Summer holidays, just like the old days.

I really look forward to being able to spend a week with the Mrs, too. We don't see each other that often in a normal week anymore; our schedules are almost the exact opposite of one another. I take off to Ontario for most of September, and then it's into the busy holiday season, so I want to relax and get some time in with her while I can. I'm really looking forward to this upcoming week.

Summer holidays. They're the fucking best.

Adam


No comments:

Post a Comment