Wednesday 25 July 2018

#63 - Strong Opinions 07/25/18

Yesterday, I posted this on Facebook:

" 'If nobody hates you, you probably don’t have any opinions on anything.'
Soft tacos > Hard tacos. Hate away. "

A lot of people agreed, but that's not the point. I don't voice a lot of really strong opinions. Particularly when it comes to serious topics like politics and the economy. That's partially because I'm very easily swayed. You could convince me NDP is the way to go, and then someone 5 minutes later could sell me on Conservatives and I'd listen to both. Maybe I'm open minded, maybe I'm just an idiot. I also don't voice my opinion on this stuff because frankly, I don't really have any strong opinions on topics like that. 

But that said, taking a stand when it comes to tacos felt good. And I have more opinions I'd like to voice. I don't care who agrees with me. It's time I plant my feet and make my voice heard when it comes to the important stuff.

Soft tacos, before I say anything else, are infinitely superior to hard tacos. I've seen the argument for wrapping a hard taco in a soft shell, but I'll just stick to soft and delicious, thank you very much.

Anyone that orders sandwiches in a Tim Hortons' drive thru is a menace to society. First of all, those sandwiches suck. And secondly, the drive thru is for coffee and donuts. If you want to order a meal, go inside. "But I have three kids. Do you know how hard it is to unbuckle and buckle back in three kids?" No, I don't. But you know how hard it is to stay calm when I'm behind your damned van waiting for my coffee and you get handed 4 bags of food that you have to distribute before you pull away? Go to McDonalds next time.

If you don't pull your car into the intersection when you're waiting to turn left on a green light, you should be thrown in jail. Nobody's asking you to risk your life, but get out there! Get far enough that the guy behind you can squeeze in, too! Let's be better as a society, people.

And on the driving note, if you can't park between two yellow lines, it should be legal to spit on your car. I saw someone post a meme that showed a shopping cart zip tied to the door handle of a car that couldn't figure out how to park, and I applaud them. 

If you're in a public place, particularly a quiet one, like a waiting room or a quiet store, and you're having a conversation via text message, turn the sound off on your god damned phone. You're staring at it anyway, you know when the text messages are coming, and nobody wants to hear your clever "quacking duck" or "Old Spice whistle" text notification sound every 8 seconds. Should be a $2000 fine every notification.

People that don't wash their hands in public bathrooms shouldn't be allowed to use public bathrooms. And if you don't flush? 25 to life.

And finally, if you smoke and you throw your butts out of your car window, you should have to go live on Mars. We all fucking hate you.

That felt good.

Adam




No comments:

Post a Comment