Saturday 23 June 2018

#31 - Blah 06/23/18

I almost forgot about this today. It's gonna be short, I just don't want to break the chain.

I love Saturdays at home. Sleep in, sit on the couch and play video games for a couple hours, walking my dog. Saturday mornings are the highlight of the week when you're a kid, and for my money, they never fall off the top of the mountain. I feel like over the last 25 years, the only thing that has changed about my Saturday morning routine is coffee instead of Frosted Flakes.

Had a great show at Yuk Yuks last night here in Edmonton. It was a good turnout audience wise, and they seemed to have a good time. I'm hosting all weekend, and working with a couple comics I really like, both as people and comedians. Makes it into a pretty fun job. Sleeping in my own bed at night is a solid perk, too. Being on the road can be pretty rad, but I'll take work IN the city over out of town every single time.

Managed to swing down to the new Grindstone Theatre after Yuks last night to do an extra spot, too. If you live in Edmonton and haven't checked it out yet, I can't recommend it enough. They have different types of shows going on almost every night, and it's not all just basic stand up comedy shows. Tickets are cheap, it's a great atmosphere, and it's on Whyte Ave, so there's lots of stuff to go do afterwards. Huge shoutout to everyone involved with it thus far, it's been a welcome addition to the scene here.

We're very fortunate, as comics in Edmonton, to have the opportunities we do. I understand it's not Toronto or Vancouver, but a comedian can get on stage pretty well every night if they want to here. Rooms and shows of all types; great crowds, rough crowds. Perfect for learning and developing. We have two great clubs to work at. And if you're interested in it, there's a ton of opportunity for road work, as well. I really don't think I'll ever leave Alberta. I just want to pay my bills with jokes and have enough left over money to travel with my girlfriend, and this is a perfect place to make that happen.

This is long enough. The chain stays intact.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your night.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment