Sunday 10 June 2018

#18 - Sunday Ramblings 06/10/18

What's on my mind this morning....?

- It's been a really fun string of shows that last 7 days. Being on the road with Brent most of the week has been fun, he's a really good dude. His work ethic, and his ability to focus on his joke writing (obsess is maybe a better word) makes me jealous and feel inspired at the same time. There's a reason he's so well respected by all the comics in Edmonton. We had a fun show in Regina last night, and in a couple hours we start an almost 8 hour drive to Red Deer for one more show before we go home.

- And on that note, I can't wait to get home. It hasn't even been that long, and I miss my girlfriend and my dog. I don't know how anyone with kids can be a comedian. But I don't have kids, maybe it's easier to leave them at home for a little while? Maybe a parent just needs a break sometimes? I like being a comedian, and I know it's what I want to do with my life, but one of the downsides is being away from home. I envy comics that take their dogs on the road with them.

- On the plus side, I love hotel rooms. Clean hotel rooms, anyways. Having your own room is the best. Laying around in your underwear, peeing with the door open, having the bed to yourself.... (Like I said, I miss my girl and my dog, but their both bed hogs). Sometimes my favourite part of shows on the road is finishing the show and coming back to my hotel room. I was tempted to stay at the bar and drank last night, but I'm pretty happy I didn't this morning...

- I can't get enough of seeing all these clips of Ovechkin with the Cup on twitter. I couldn't be happier for the guy. Outside of Teemu Selanne, I can't think of an athlete that doesn't play for my favourite teams that I've been happier to see win a Championship. If Ovie was a Canadian, he'd be the biggest star in the League.

- CM Punk got his ass kicked again at UFC 225 last night. But I don't care. The guy has balls the size of grapefruits, and I stand by everything I said about him a few days ago. He's an inspiration. I can't wait to see what's next for him. I still can't decide if I want him to come back to wrestling or not....

- Apparently, Edmonton and most of Alberta is getting pelted with some pretty rough weather. I'll pass on the tornados, but I love a good thunderstorm. If you guys could save one for when we get back tonight, I'd really appreciate it.

Have a great Sunday, guys. If you're in Red Deer, I'd love to see you at the show tonight. Heritage Lanes at 8!

Thanks for reading!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment