Wednesday 29 August 2018

#98 - Louis CK is back 08/29/18

A couple nights ago, Louis CK got on stage for the first time since he got called out for being a perv. As expected, a lot of people weren't too happy about it.

I'm not going to get into the details of what Louis did. If you don't know what I'm talking about, a quick Google of his name will provide you with everything you need to know. And I'm not going to sit here and defend him, because he fucked up and he deserves all the flack and heat that's come his way over the last year or so. That said, comedy is how the guy makes a living, and like him or not, he's entitled to do so. Everyone is. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Michael Vick was convicted of running a disgusting dog fighting operation, and was sentenced to prison time. He got out of jail, and sure as hell, he found his way back into the NFL. I love dogs, and I fucking hate Michael Vick. He makes me sick, and if he had signed with the Broncos, I probably would've had to find a new favourite football team. The guy killed dozens of dogs, but he's entitled to work, and do what he can to make a living. 

And much like people are entitled to their right to work and make a living, people are equally as entitled to be excited that someone is doing so. I'm sorry, but you'll never convince me that someone deserves to be criticized for celebrating Louis CK's return to comedy. If they come out and defend what Louis did, that's a different discussion (that frankly, I'm not interested in having). However, most of the posts I've seen regarding Louis CK's comedy comeback have simply been comedy fans expressing excitement over the fact that their favourite comedian is telling jokes again. I haven't seen one person defend him until they've been attacked for supporting his comedy.

It's become a popular thing to say since the allegations came out last year, but I've never been a huge Louis CK fan. I appreciate his ability recognize his talent, no question. His humour has just never really been up my alley. I didn't really miss him when he was gone, and I really could care less that he's back. I'm ignoring him. I think what he did was greasy and wrong, but he isn't being charged with anything. So the most I can do is not support his comedy. The same applies to everyone else. If you don't like him, that's totally fine. If you want to start discussions and posts about what a piece of shit you think he is, go right ahead. Going after people that just want to hear his jokes again accomplishes nothing. 

That's the way I look at it, anyway. Someone will probably shit all over me for defending people that aren't defending CK, but that's the internet.

Thanks for reading.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment