Sunday 1 July 2018

#39 - Sunday Rambling 07/01/18

I think moving forward, I'm going to use the Sunday editions of this thing to just ramble about whatever is on my mind. Because it's easy.

First of all, it's my girlfriend's birthday today. It's also Canada's birthday today. A couple pretty big pieces of the Adam Blank puzzle came into existence on July 1st. So Happy Birthday to both of you. I love you both very much and would be completely fucked without either of you!

I have one more show at The Comic Strip tonight with Adam Hunter. I've been hosting for him all weekend, and he's been a real pleasure to watch work. Really funny guy. If you're reading this before 7PM tonight, I really recommend you check out his show before you go out to party for Canada Day. I promise you he's worth the money.

Set a personal best for shows in a month in June, which I'm proud of because I'm hitting the mics harder than ever, but also because it was my first month trying to make comedy work without a day job. I'm seriously extremely grateful that anyone is willing to put me on their show, and appreciate all the stage time. Can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store!

Between the work from other people, all the sweet open mics fellow comics run in Edmonton, and my two shows at The Comic Strip and Chicago Joe's, I have an opportunity to get on stage pretty well every night if I want to. I know comics in places like Toronto and New York would roll their eyes at that, but travelling around to different cities over the last year or two, I've really developed an appreciation for the opportunity comedians in Edmonton have as far as stage time goes. This is a great place to try and become a comic.

On a completely different note, John Tavares just signed with the Leafs. Fuck. I didn't want to have to hate him....

My buddy Chris is coming over in a couple hours to record the first few episodes of my new gaming podcast, Remember the Game? I don't know how it's going to turn out yet, but I'm excited to finally get moving on it. Even if nobody listens, I think it's gonna be a fun project.

That's enough rambling for today. I'm gonna go walk my dog and sneak in a little Mario time before I head over to the Strip.

Have a great Canada Day, don't drink and drive and all that stuff, and enjoy the holiday Monday tomorrow. A Monday at home with a hangover beats a Monday without one at work every time!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment