Friday 29 June 2018

#37 - Sitting Outside of Best Buy 06/29/18

As I type this blog, it's about 7:30 in the morning, and I'm sitting outside of Best Buy here in Edmonton waiting to buy an NES Classic. Jealous??

You're jealous.....

When these things came out a couple years ago, they sold out in seconds. Half the damned people that bought them just did it so they could re-sell them on kijiji, and loyal Nintendo nerds like me got left out in the cold. Well, luckily, Nintendo decided to release more of them this year, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss out again. I got here around 7:15, and there's only one other guy sitting here. You'd think he's the only one that looks like a bigger nerd than me, but he's not sitting there pounding away on his laptop out while he waits.

It's funny too, because anyone driving by has to be looking at me sitting here on my computer thinking "that nerd is probably online writing a blog about video games or something", and that's......exactly what I'm doing.....sigh.....

It's beautiful out here. I've never lined up outside of a store for anything before, and I made the decision last night that if I woke up and it was raining, I'd say "fuck it" and take my chances when the store opens. It's actually really nice out, though. Not too hot, birds are chirping, I have my coffee. Life is good. Plus, there's a Starbucks across the street and I'm mooching off their wifi right now. What more does a man want?

So my plan for the next 2.5 hours is to finish this blog, my emails, listen to my sets from last night (well, one of them. One probably isn't worth listening to), and get all my work done while I wait to buy a toy. It's the whole "Frosted side/Whole wheat side" thing. Maybe I'll try some new jokes on this guy beside me......

I'm going to start recording episodes of my new podcast this weekend, too. It's called "Remember the Game?", and it's just fellow nerds like me chatting about video games we grew up playing. I don't know how good it's going to be, but the feedback about the idea has been overwhelmingly positive. Another notch in my nerd belt.

Anyways, I'm gonna get some work done. You guys don't want to listen to me geek out anymore. And if you do, and it's not 10:00am yet, message me on Facebook. I'm sitting here with all the time in the world to kill....

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your long weekend!!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment