Sunday 12 August 2018

#81 - Rainy Sunday Rambling.... 08/12/18

It's noon right now, and Tiger tees off in the final round of the PGA Championship in about 1/2 an hour. I still have to get this blog finished and a podcast uploaded before then, so this is gonna be a quick ramble.

It's pouring out right now, thunder and stuff too. Just the best weather for a lazy Sunday of golf and online poker, with a side of napping.

My nephew has been here for the last week, and my girlfriend's folks got into town on Thursday, so we've had a fun house for the past few days. It was really good catching up with them. They're good people. Everyone always makes jokes about how rough it can be having to "spend time with the in-laws", but mine are pretty cool. They even came out to one of my shows this weekend, and I didn't totally bomb in front of them like I did the last time they saw me on stage!

They came out to the Friday show at Yuk Yuks, where I was hosting for my friend Celeste. She was headlining her first weekend at the club, and she fucking killed it. It was pretty cool getting to open for her, and I was really happy that she got the opportunity. I've told her many times, but when I started out as comic, she was one of the first comedians to reach out to me and offer a few words of encouragement. It meant a lot to me, and I never forgot it. So if you're reading this, Celeste, good job. We're proud of you, and you crushed it!

I have a TON of podcasts scheduled this week. I'm on the road most of September, so I'm trying to backlog enough episodes of both podcasts that I don't miss a week while I'm away. I'll take my podcasting gear with me, but I never know if I'll run into anyone interested in talking to me for more than 30 seconds, so I figure better safe than sorry.

And on the podcast note, my downloads are still *slowly* increasing most weeks. So if you've downloaded any of them, thank you.

Good enough for today. 6 hours from now, Tiger will have his 15th major. Book it!

Thanks for reading!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment