Wednesday 4 July 2018

#42 - Remember The Game? 07/04/18

This morning, I launched my second podcast; 'Remember The Game?'



If I haven't shoved it down your throat enough already, RTG will be a retro gaming podcast. Each week, I'll sit down with a friend (or enemy), and talk about an old video game that we played growing up. I'm not doing research, and this isn't going to be a history lesson of a podcast. Frankly, there's already enough of them out there as it is. I envision this playing out like a conversation you would have had on the playground as a kid. Just two gamers rambling on about a game they've played. I hope it gives you that warm, nostalgic feeling while you listen to it.

I'm really excited about this project. Much like my initial podcast, 'Adam Wastes Time', I don't have any crazy expectations for download numbers or listeners, it's just something I really enjoy doing. AWT has seen a slow, but gradual, increase in listeners over it's almost 70 episodes, and if Remember The Game performs even half as well, I'll be happy.

This podcast is something I've wanted to do for quite a while. I dragged my feet on it for a couple months, partially because I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted it to be, and partially because sometimes I struggle to produce one weekly podcast, and I worried a second one would fall by the wayside and get forgotten about it. But, I think retro video games is just the right topic for me. I have a passion and a love for it, and I know I'll be willing to put the extra time in to make sure I hit my weekly deadline (new episodes will go live each Wednesday).

Also, it's a shorter podcast. Whereas AWT can go 45 - 60 minutes, my vision for RTG is a 20-30 minute discussion. My hope is to be able to record 2 episodes in a sitting with a guest, which should make it easier to bank a few episodes and always have one ready to drop. The number of people that have reached out to me asking to be a guest on the show has been borderline overwhelming, too. So thank you very much to everyone for the interest and support.

Like I said, the first episode went live this morning. If you're interested, it's available on PodBean and iTunes (links below), and I'm looking into other platforms as well. If you like the show, please, subscribe and leave it a good review. I'm really excited to see where this show goes.

Remember The Game on iTunes, click here

Remember The Game on Podbean, click here

Take it easy!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment