Monday 25 June 2018

#33 - In A Good Mood 06/25/18

It's about 9:00 AM, I'm sitting on my couch with my dog and my coffee. I woke up feeling really good this morning. 

I'm usually a morning guy, to be honest. I like the whole idea of not knowing what a day is gonna be like. There's always the hope that something really awesome will happen and it'll be a great day. And, if something really shitty happens and it turns out to be a bad day, I try to wake up the next morning with the mentality, at least today can't be worse. Maybe it's a positive mindset, maybe I just don't like sleeping. I don't know. I genuinely believe every day has the potential to be good.

I had a fun run of shows this past weekend. I worked at Yuk Yuks here in Edmonton Friday and Saturday, and last night I had the chance to close out Empress Comedy Night. For my money, that's as good of show as there is in Edmonton. I'll spend the day today sending emails and writing jokes, and then it's off to The Comic Strip to host Battle to the Funny Bone. And then I'll be hosting at the Strip all weekend. All I want in life is to tell jokes and spend time with people I like. How can I not be in a good mood? 

Obviously, a lot of people wake up in a bad mood most mornings. Especially on Monday. If that's you, I think you owe it to yourself to look at why you're in a bad mood. I preach it here all the time, and I'm the furthest thing from a life coach or a psychiatrist, but if you change your outlook on life, you can change everything about your life. Just figure out what doesn't make you happy, and either get rid of it, or figure out a way to make it into a positive. Watch some motivational stuff on YouTube with your breakfast, that's what I do. Gary Vaynerchuk, Joe Rogan, Tony Robbins, etc. Whether you think they're full of crap or not (I don't), try to use them to shift yourself into a positive mindset to start the day. 

I really think if you can get yourself on the right path mentally first thing in the morning, it's easier to stay there for the day. If you let yourself be miserable for the first couple hours, you have to find a way to backtrack and turn it around. Why waste your time doing that?

I'm in a good mood today. 

Have a good week, and thanks for reading!

Adam


No comments:

Post a Comment